Thursday, April 05, 2018

Look at My Hands

“Look at my hands and feet, that it is I myself.” Luke 24:39

Jesus appeared to His disciples, and followers several times. It is plausible that He appeared many more times than what is written in the Gospels. After all, in John 21:25, John the disciple attests that Jesus did and said so much more than what he wrote down, that if everything was written in detail, the whole world would have no room for all the books! 

In one of those occasions when Jesus showed Himself, He ate and drank with His followers, even showed His hands and feet. “Touch me,” He invited. He spent time with them to open their minds to understand the scriptures, from the writings of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms. No wonder they overcame their fear and were ready to go forth and proclaim the Good News! Atheists claim that all the appearances of Jesus after His death were mere hallucinations. How could many have the same hallucination, and how could a figment of the imagination produce such stalwart and determined men and women willing to die to defend their faith? 

Jesus was single minded in His mission. He spent all that time after His death to commission His followers to “Go forth to the whole world and preach the Gospel to every creature.” If we are His true believers, that is what we must do. 

I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy