Wednesday, November 01, 2017

WOYWW: Washed in Blood

This is my desk this morning. It’s a big mess as usual. I just finished painting on my Bible. On the right side there are cloth I am pinning scrap fabric on to make into purses. On the left are boxes full of stickers and magazine clippings I use to decorate my journal.





“...they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the lamb.” Revelation 7:14





Here yet again we are confronted with one of God’s paradoxes. How can a robe be made white with blood? God’s ways are definitely different from ours and His thoughts infinitely higher. That’s why if we want to move forward in our pilgrim journey to His Kingdom, we need to learn to trust Him. 


I remember when the first husband of my sister was dying, my aunt thought she was getting crazy already. Peggy was still smiling and laughing and talking to all the visitors who came to support her and pray over Jing. What they did not know was God gave her a very special revelation. She was on a journey up an unfamiliar mountain with a sheer drop on the side of the narrow passage. It was terrifying to walk beside the cliff, but Jesus was ahead of her, holding on to her hand to guide her. 





There are times in our life when we get overwhelmed and it is especially during these times we need to hold on to the One who loves us, who wants to guide us, and who paid the price for us to get into the family of His Father. We will never get our robes white with good deeds. Just like what happened to the Jews in Moses’ time during Passover, we need the blood of the Lamb to pass through the narrow gate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy