Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Children of Light

"You are all children of the light and of the day..." 1 Thessalonians 5:5



The verse continues, "...we don't belong to darkness and night." But sometimes it seems as if we are in between, not in the light and not in the dark, because we compromise, and we don't speak out for the truth. If I was a doctor and my patient was found positive for cancer, do I tell her, "You're fine. You just have the flu. Take a few aspirins, and you will be ok in no time."? Won't I be guilty of malpractice? 



But when it comes to maladies of the soul and spirit, sometimes we are too ashamed to say anything. We have become inured to sin in the world, in our very own country. If we don't say anything, darkness will reach our own backyard and it will be too late to light our little candle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy