Sunday, July 16, 2017

Good Soil and an Abundant Harvest

"Mark well the parable of the sower." Matthew 13:18




Mark well. Listen. I tell you truly. These are words Jesus uses when what He wants to say is really important. Jesus is the sower, the gardener, and we are His garden, His field (1 Corinthians 3:9). He sows the seeds of His Words far and wide. Just like the farmer, He is generous with His seeds. Some fall on the footpath, some on rocky ground, some among thorns, and some on good soil. 

When we read God's Word, or listen to it, what kind of soil are we? If you are like me, the Word of God falls on different kinds of soil at different times. Today my soil is rather thorny as I have many concerns. We are going out of town and I want to bring my dad but he may have a hard time. I confess my mind is not wholly on God's Word but keeps straying. Other times, God's message comforts me and settles on the footpath, but birds of forgetfulness pick it up. Sometimes His Word does not take root because I did not meditate on it. 



Lord, when I read Your message to me each day, may it find fertile ground, good soil in my heart. Yes, may I take it all in and accept it so I may have an abundant harvest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy