Monday, June 26, 2017

Father Abraham

"Abraham, all the families of the earth shall find blessing in you." 
Genesis 12:3


When Abram was 75 years old, he heard God tell him to leave everything that is familiar and go to a land God would show him. Back then, there was no google, no waze, no newspapers even, to give Abram any answers to the many questions that he certainly would have. I am 60 as I delight in telling everyone who cares to know, and I cannot imagine uprooting myself and my family to leave my comfortable home, business, community, and friends, to start anew in a place that God calls me to. 

But Abram's obedience brings blessing not only to himself but to "all families of the earth"! Obedience seems to be the key to unlock God's many promises! Abraham's story can be ours too if we only listen and obey. For each one one of us, God has a dream, a plan, a vision, where we can use up all the talents, gifts and resources He has lavished us with. If we follow Him, He will bring us on adventures that will make us grow and bloom. 

Father, may we be brave enough to seek Your plan for us. May we embrace all that You have for us. May we overcome any fear we have in the unknown and place our trust in You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy