Friday, June 02, 2017

Do You Love Me?

"Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" John 21:15, 16, 17


Why did Jesus ask Simon Peter if Simon Peter loved Him 3 times? Is it not because Peter denied Christ three times? Jesus gave Peter the chance to take back those awful words, "I am not one of Jesus' disciples!!!!" Jesus knew exactly what Peter needed to redeem himself. He gave Peter his confidence back. 

When we sin, or fall short, one of the last things we need is for our boss, leader, mom, or spouse to focus attention on our weakness. I remember when I was in Grade IV, I was the favorite of my teacher. One of my responsibilities was to check attendance. One day, I forgot to do my assignment. My teacher looked at me with a disapproving eye, and took away the attendance book in front of the whole class. I am so happy Jesus is not like that. We are all sinners. We all fall short. But when we do, Jesus doesn't give up on us and say, "From now on, you can't help Me build My Kingdom. You're a failure!"   

Lord, thank You for Your forgiveness, and teach us to love and forgive others as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy