Monday, April 03, 2017

No Condemnation

"Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more." John 8:10-11



Every Lent, I go through some guilt trip because of not doing enough. The story of the woman caught in adultery in the 8th chapter of John is my story. If people knew what I do and don't do during Lent, they could bring me before Jesus and accuse me. But what does Jesus do? Does He condemn me? 

He said, "Let the man or woman among you who has no sin be the first to cast a stone at her." Twice Jesus bent down and started tracing on the ground with his finger. What did he write? Only I could see it. Only I could see that He saw my heart, He saw my sin. The second time he bent down, He erased it all so there was no record of it. "I do not condemn you," he said, "but from now on, avoid this sin." 

Thank You Lord, for erasing my sin with Your blood. Thank You that there is no condemnation for I belong to You (Romans 8:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy