Sunday, March 12, 2017

Bear Your Share!

"...with the strength that comes from God bear your share of the hardship which the gospel entails." 
2 Timothy 1:8



I guess this is one way of saying "carry your cross". I chose to paint this man for this verse because of something in his eyes that spoke of hardship. I actually thought he was an actor but after I finished painting, I read the fine print and found out he was one of the Chilean miners trapped underground for days. His name is Luis Urzua. He is 54 years old, and he is a foreman. It says that it was "his democratic but disciplined leadership that kept the miners united during the 17 days it took to find them". Luis said, "Even if I knew locating us would be like finding a needle in a haystack...I never lost hope that help would arrive." 


Hope. If we have hope, it will make all the difference in the world. Hope is what fuels us in our journey, no matter what trials come our way. Thank You Lord for the hope and strength that come from You. When all is dark around us, when we cannot see the light, keep us going, Lord, with the faith that moves mountains and the peace that is beyond understanding! 

http://patsypat.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy