Monday, March 13, 2017

Be Compassionate!

"Be compassionate, as Your Father is compassionate." Luke 6:36


It's easy nowadays to point a finger at others and say this or that person is not compassionate. He wants the death penalty instituted in our country, he is in favor of abortion, he applauds our President's inhumane way of dealing with our drug problem. 

But Lent is not a time for looking at others but looking within. In what ways are we not compassionate, the way God wants us to be compassionate? Let us examine the way we treat our helpers at home, the security guard who is just doing his duty, the janitor, whoever we see is lower in station than us. Do we pull rank unconsciously? Do we act entitled? In our minds, do we think, "How dare this person treat me like this? Doesn't he know who I am?" Are we unnecessarily harsh when someone makes a mistake? 

Lord, show me the myriad ways I am not pleasing to You. May I learn to be more compassionate, more loving, more forgiving and more generous. May I become more like You, My Father, as I grow older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy